Thursday 18 December 2014

Two Linen Journals

I recently made two journals with some vintage linen fabric, one coptic stitch and the other long stitch. One of the pieces of fabric was quite plain so I stained it with tea. When I pressed it with a hot iron some interesting colour changes and marks happened. When I made the cover, I took the fabric right to the edge but not right around, so it has a lovely raw border. The other piece of linen fabric had a beautiful, symmetrical floral print that looked great without staining, so I let it be. The tea stained journal will be listed in our Etsy store soon.








The inside cover of this journal is lined with a vintage inspired map 
showing parts of North America, Europe and Africa. 
The journal could make a nice bon voyage gift!



Kraft paper pages, I love torn edges!
And now for the second journal ...





Those torn edges again!
The hot pink/red paper is by Zizania Paper Products and it is GORGEOUS.


^^ Magic happened when I decided to drop pigment 
ink onto the pages while they were still wet with tea! 



- Sam


2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I've just been looking through your blog because I'm finally starting work on the profile I'm doing of 'Bound to Please'. So impressed with your work. Can't wait to see what you both create in 2015 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Karyn, you are very kind! Your support means a lot :)

      Delete